Regular Lessons for Kids
Mandarin lessons is tailored for children aged 3-12 years old. Through interactive games and engaging topics to make learning fun. Our experienced teachers focus on developing children's language skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The program consists of 8 levels, ranging from Beginner to Advanced.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 1
- This level of Mandarin course is suitable for children who are complete beginners to the language, with no prior knowledge of reading Chinese characters or pinyin. Our course will start from the very basics of recognizing Chinese characters and pronunciation to help them learn step by step.
- This Mandarin lessons for kids cover essential daily topics such as greetings, numbers, self-introductions, colors, animals, fruits, and more. To make learning fun and engaging, our experienced teachers use a variety of teaching aids such as pictures, real-life objects, and interactive games. In addition, children will also learn standard Mandarin Chinese Pinyin and tones, and some basic rules of writing characters, the strokes orders and radicals of Chinese Characters, with extensive coverage of common radicals like 亻(standing person), 氵(water), 女 (female) etc.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for YCT-1 (Youth Chinese Test Level 1) exam. They will be able to fluently engage in simple daily conversations using basic Chinese vocabulary and sentence structures, as well as master basic reading skills.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 2
- This level is suitable for children who have some foundation in Chinese, and they can use familiar vocabulary to answer simple questions in daily life. such as 你喜欢吃/喝什么？(What do you like to eat/drink?) 我喜欢吃苹果/喝水。(I like to eat apple/drink water).
- This level is designed for children to learn basic sentences and dialogues from teachers, with a focus on topics such as hobbies, toys, weather, etc. In addition, they will also start to learn how to write simple Chinese characters according to their stroke orders, such as 人(person), 大(big), 天(sky) and more.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for YCT-2 (Youth Chinese Test Level 2) exam. They will be able to use simple Chinese to describe pictures and tell short stories, and have mastered some basic skills of writing Chinese characters.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 3
- This level is suitable for children who can communicate in short sentences on familiar topics. Within this level, they will learn how to narrate brief stories, further improving their oral communication skills.
- In this level, children will learn additional Chinese characters related to topics such as directions, seasons, and countries, among others, which will improve their reading and writing abilities. Other topics that may be covered include food, transportation, and daily routines. By the end of this level, children will become comfortable with more sentence structures and expand their vocabulary to hold conversations on a wider range of topics in Chinese.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for YCT-3 (Youth Chinese Test Level 3) exam and HSK-1 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 1) exam. They will not only be more proficient in writing Chinese characters and reading stories, but also more confident in using Chinese for communication. Additionally, they will know more traditional Chinese festivals such as the Mid-Autumn Festival and Dragon Boat Festival, as well as delicious food, such as hotpot and jiaozi, and legends, such as Chang'e Flies to the Moon and Nüwa Creates Human Beings, to cultivate children's appreciation of different cultures in a fun way.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 4
- This level is suitable for children who can communicate fluently using longer sentences on familiar daily topics. Within this level, they will further develop the ability to think in Mandarin while speaking and express more complex ideas and thoughts, as well as engaging in conversation on a wider range of topics.
- This level of learning will expose children to a broader range of topics, including sports, travel plans, games, and more. Along with this, they will also be introduced to various idiomatic expressions, Chinese proverbs, fables, folk tales, and famous poems. These materials will help expand their vocabulary, enhance their Mandarin proficiency, and deepen their understanding of Chinese culture.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for YCT-4 (Youth Chinese Test Level 4) exam and HSK-2 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 2) exam. They will be able to read and understand simple Chinese and have a certain degree of knowledge about Chinese culture and social customs. Additionally, they will have the skills necessary to handle most communication situations while traveling in China. Furthermore, they will attain a high level of proficiency in beginner-level Mandarin Chinese.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 5
- This level is suitable for children who can read longer articles, comprehend their main ideas, and draw conclusions. They are capable of expressing their opinions and thoughts fluently.
- In this level, children will study more advanced Chinese grammar structures, characters, and vocabulary to express their ideas more accurately. Additionally, they will learn fairly long and complex Chinese stories and folk tales, as well as study proverbs and other literary works to deepen their understanding of Chinese culture, history, and society.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for HSK-3 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 3) exam. They will further elevate their Mandarin proficiency and prepare themselves for higher levels of learning Chinese.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 6
- This level is suitable for students who can read and write Chinese characters proficiently without relying on pinyin. They can accurately understand the meaning of Chinese characters and have some Chinese writing skills to write characters with correct strokes and order.
- At this level, children will not only be capable of confidently and fluently expressing themselves using advanced Chinese vocabulary and grammar structures but also begin to acquire the ability to write picture stories with Chinese characters. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and customs, including the unique features and differences of various cities and regions in China.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for HSK-4 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 4) exam. At this proficiency level, they are capable of discussing various topics using Chinese and communicating relatively fluently with native Chinese speakers.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 7
- This level is suitable for children who have a certain level of Chinese listening comprehension, can understand Chinese spoken language or explanations accurately, and can also correctly write down the words and sentences they hear using Chinese characters.
- At this level, children will learn how to write short stories and compositions in Chinese to express their daily life experiences. Additionally, they will further develop their ability to organize and express their ideas using advanced vocabulary and grammar structures. With exposure to a wider range of reading materials, they will expand their vocabulary and improve their language proficiency. Furthermore, they will deepen their understanding of Chinese culture and history, while learning how to apply proper Chinese etiquette and cultural knowledge in various situations.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for HSK-5 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 5) exam. They have the ability to read Chinese newspapers and magazines, appreciate Chinese films and TV shows, and deliver more comprehensive speeches in Chinese.
Chinese Lessons for Kids Level 8
- This level is suitable for children who have the ability to comprehend daily conversations with native Chinese speakers, read Chinese newspapers and magazines, and enjoy Chinese films and television programs.
- At this level, children will have more opportunities to communicate with native Mandarin speakers on topics related to current events, news, and popular culture, which will help them expand their advanced vocabulary and use it more accurately. They will also learn and apply a wider range of Chinese idioms and expressions to increase the authenticity and precision of their language use. Furthermore, they will deepen their understanding of Chinese history, culture, and social life to better appreciate the essence of Chinese culture. Through such comprehensive training, children will take their Chinese language learning to a higher level.
- After completing this level, children will have met the requirements for HSK-6 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 6) exam. They can easily comprehend spoken or written Chinese information and express their opinions fluently in Chinese, both verbally and in writing.
Sign up for a free trial now!
Sign up for a free trial now!
What do I Get
Personalized Study Plan
A customized and professional Mandarin learning plan will be designed for you.
Qualified Professional Teachers
All of our teachers are experienced and have received professional training in "Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language." They are ready to help you learn Mandarin online.
Dedicated Academic Advisor
In addition to a professional teacher, you can get help from our advisors who offer a wide range of academic assistance that will help make your Mandarin classes more effective.
Customized Study Pace
We are available 24/7. You can choose your preferred study schedule and frequency to learn Mandarin.
Individualized Progress Report
Individualized progress reports for your Mandarin learning will be developed periodically.