Regular Chinese Lessons
Regular Chinese lessons for teens are designed to help the young adults to lay a solid foundation for their Chinese learning. In these Chinese lessons, the students will receive systematic training in four aspects: listening, speaking, reading and writing. The topics and course materials used throughout the program have been included to help students learn the language in context and with their interests in mind. The classes are divided into 6 different levels, ranging from Beginner to Advanced level.
Chinese Lessons for Teens Level 1
- This level is for teens that are totally new to Chinese language. You may not be able to read Chinese pinyin or Characters but want to learn it systematically.
- The course aims to help students master the most basic Chinese listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills needed for daily life, including: Basic understanding and application of Chinese characters and pinyin; Basic greetings and everyday expressions; Expressions of basic concepts such as numbers, time, and dates; Dialogue in basic daily life scenarios such as shopping, dining, and transportation; Some simple sentence patterns, simple reading and writing exercises, etc.
- After completing this level, students have met the requirements for YCT-1 (Youth Chinese Test Level 1) exam and HSK-1 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 1) exam. They will be able to master the basic knowledge and application of Chinese characters and pinyin, express basic greetings and everyday language, use Chinese to express basic concepts such as numbers, time, and dates, engage in simple conversations in basic daily life scenarios such as shopping, dining, and transportation, and perform simple reading and writing exercises. Additionally, students will also gain some knowledge of Chinese culture and social norms through this course, laying a solid foundation for further learning and using Chinese.
Chinese Lessons for Teens Level 2
- This level is for teens who have some foundation of Chinese. They have already mastered the basic Pinyin and Chinese characters and they can use familiar words to answer simple questions in daily life.
- The course aims to further improve their Chinese proficiency for more in-depth communication, including: More complex grammar structures such as verb tenses, mood particles, and subjunctive mood ; More vocabulary covering various fields such as professions, family, health, environment, politics, and economics; Training in listening and speaking, including understanding and expressing complex situations and topics in daily life; Improving reading and writing skills, including training in reading comprehension and writing ability, from simple sentences to more complex articles; Relevant knowledge of Chinese culture and society, such as traditional festivals, folk customs, and historical background, etc.
- After completing this level, students have met the requirements for YCT-2 (Youth Chinese Test Level 2) exam and HSK-2 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 2) exam. Students will be able to master more complex Chinese grammar and vocabulary, improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing abilities, and gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and society. They will be able to engage in more in-depth and natural communication, including effective communication with Chinese people in daily life.
Chinese Lessons for Teens Level 3
- This level is for teens who can discuss familiar topics and are able to use simple grammar and vocabulary for basic daily communication, but maybe they speak slowly and sometimes need time to search the words that they want to use.
- The course aims to help students continue to practice daily conversation, which will help them use Chinese more fluently and naturally in real-life situations. They will learn how to communicate in simple spoken Chinese, such as asking for directions, ordering food, and shopping, etc. In addition, students will practice listening and speaking skills to improve their communication ability. Students will also learn about some aspects of Chinese culture, such as traditional festivals, customs, and historical figures. This will help them better understand the thinking patterns and behavior modes of the Chinese people.
- After completing this level, students have met the requirements for YCT-3 (Youth Chinese Test Level 3) exam and HSK-3 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 3) exam and IGCSE Foreign Language (UK). students' Chinese proficiency will greatly improve, allowing them to master more complex grammar structures and vocabulary, as well as fluently engage in daily conversations. They will be able to communicate more naturally and fluently in both spoken and written Chinese during daily conversation practice. Additionally, they will be capable of comprehending more complicated Chinese listening materials such as news reports or films.
Chinese Lessons for Teens Level 4
- This level is for teens who can ask and answer questions with long sentences in predictable everyday life. They are able to understand daily conversations and read simple articles.
- The course aims to help students strengthen their Chinese language learning and gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture. These topics include but are not limited to Chinese history, culture, art, philosophy, social issues, and technology. While learning these topics, students will have the opportunity to master more advanced grammatical structures, more vocabulary, and expressions, while strengthening their skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Through these topics, students will be able to better understand and appreciate Chinese culture, enrich their knowledge reserve, and improve their ability to think and express themselves in Chinese.
- After completing this level, students have met the requirements for YCT-4 (Youth Chinese Test Level 4) exam and HSK-4 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 4) exam. Students will be able to proficiently comprehend and participate in more complex Chinese conversations, as well as read and understand intermediate-level Chinese articles.
Chinese Lessons for Teens Level 5
- This level is for teens who are proficient in spoken Chinese and reading ability. They can read longer articles and can understand main points of the articles and make conclusions. They can interact with a degree of spontaneity.
- The course aims to provide students with a more in-depth, extensive, and professional learning experience of Chinese, including advanced grammar structures and enriched vocabulary accumulation covering various themes and fields such as fashion, technology, medicine, and business. Additionally, students will learn practical phrases and idioms to improve the liveliness, naturalness, and authenticity of their language. Students will have access to more high-quality literary works, such as poetry, novels, and essays, and engage in literary appreciation to understand different expression techniques and cultural backgrounds. This will help students better understand and apply the Chinese language and gain deeper insights into Chinese culture and social backgrounds. They will participate in advanced oral expression exercises, including debates and speeches, to enhance their communication skills and confidence. Moreover, opportunities will be provided for students to explore and discover their interests, preparing them for future career planning. We will also provide various practical activities, such as writing, listening, reading, and translation, to cope with different application scenarios. These activities will help students better comprehend the usage environment and social etiquette of the Chinese language, laying a solid foundation for future interactions with Chinese people.
- After completing this level, students have met the requirements for HSK-5 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 5) exam and IGCSE Second Language (UK). Students will have fluent, natural, and authentic Chinese oral communication skills to engage in advanced conversation and public speaking. Strong reading comprehension ability to read and understand professional articles and literary works from various themes and fields and analyze and evaluate them. Solid knowledge of Chinese grammar and rich vocabulary reserves to apply advanced grammatical structures and various practical phrases and slang for expression. Having certain Chinese writing and translation abilities to deal with different application scenarios. Understanding Chinese culture and social background and possessing cross-cultural communication skills to be more adept at interacting with Chinese people.
Chinese Lessons for Teens Level 6
- This level is for teens who can interact accurately on a wide range of topics and express freely and fluently.
- The course aims to help teens write complex articles or essays that present a case, or give critical views. Help students gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture and society, explore the political, economic, and social issues of modern China, and analyze cultural differences and exchanges between China and the West.
- After completing this level, students have met the requirements for HSK-6 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi-Level 6) exam, IB BS Level (four skills), IB BH (oral and written). Students are able to understand and participate in advanced academic and professional communication, read and analyze complex Chinese texts independently, including academic papers, reports, novels, etc. Be capable of independent thinking, analysis and problem-solving, and possess certain critical thinking abilities. Have cross-cultural communication skills, the ability to understand and respect cultural differences, and communicate effectively in cross-cultural communication.
Sign up for a free trial now!
Sign up for a free trial now!
What do I Get
Personalized Study Plan
A customized and professional Mandarin learning plan will be designed for you.
Qualified Professional Teachers
All of our teachers are experienced and have received professional training in "Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language." They are ready to help you learn Mandarin online.
Dedicated Academic Advisor
In addition to a professional teacher, you can get help from our advisors who offer a wide range of academic assistance that will help make your Mandarin classes more effective.
Customized Study Pace
We are available 24/7. You can choose your preferred study schedule and frequency to learn Mandarin.
Individualized Progress Report
Individualized progress reports for your Mandarin learning will be developed periodically.