Chinese Lessons for Kids
If you are searching for suitable Mandarin courses for your child, we offer professional teaching services at ChineseLearning. Our team of dedicated teachers provides interactive classroom instruction to help your children master standard Mandarin and develop a deeper understanding of Chinese culture. By cultivating cross-cultural communication skills and promoting diversity, our courses are designed to enhance your child's personal growth and global perspective. Our one-on-one teaching approach allows us to develop personalized study plans based on practical language acquisition pedagogies for children of all ages. This enables them to learn Chinese in a fun and relaxed environment while achieving their language learning goals.
Two Curriculums Designed Specifically for Kids
Our courses are designed based on the learning characteristics of children at each age group, offering an interactive and comprehensive approach. It aims to engage young learners through intuitive and easily understood instructional materials and activities, helping them establish a solid foundation in Chinese language. It also emphasizes developing students' language skills including listening, speaking, reading, writing, as well as comprehension of cultural aspects. This structure is based on YCT (Youth Chinese Test) and HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi).
Mandarin Lessons for Kids Ages 3-6:
These courses are specifically designed to help your children discover the joys of Mandarin language learning. We focus on both input and output of Chinese language, incorporating interactive tools like flashcards, games, videos, TPR, and other engaging teaching methods, aiming to build childrens' confidence in listening, speaking, reading and writing new words and sentence to achieve fluency in Mandarin and improve their Mandarin-speaking abilities.
- Duration: 30 minutes for each class；
- Listening: To help children practice Chinese vocabularies and sentence structures using a range of video and audio resources that expose them to different Chinese listening environments, such as everyday situations, stories, and songs.
- Speaking: Children will be exposed to the phonetic symbols and tones, new words and conversations related to children's environment, such as food and drinks, animals and plants, seasons and weather and family members and so on.
- Reading: To offer a diverse selection of up-to-date topics and practice materials to enhance children's language proficiency, incorporating teaching methods such as rhymes, picture talking, and storytelling to make learning new words and sentence patterns engaging and enjoyable.
- Writing: To help children well-prepared to comprehend and compose Chinese Characters with confidence in the future, we focus on the basic rules of writing characters , the strokes orders and radicals of Chinese Characters, with extensive coverage of common radicals like 亻 (standing person), 氵 (water), 女 (female) etc.
- Chinese Culture: To introduce traditional Chinese festivals, such as the Mid-Autumn Festival and Dragon Boat Festival, as well as delicious food, such as hotpot and jiaozi, and legends, such as Chang'e Flies to the Moon and Nüwa Creates Human Beings, to cultivate children's appreciation of different cultures in a fun way.
Mandarin Lessons for Kids Ages6-12:
These courses focus on developing a well-rounded foundation in Mandarin, with an emphasis on building children's Mandarin proficiency across all aspects of language learning: listening, speaking, reading, and writing and cultural understanding. Our experienced teachers provide one-on-one guidance and support throughout this process, ensuring that your child has access to the necessary resources and tools for success in their Mandarin studies.
- Duration: 50 minutes for each class
- Listening: In order to help students build a solid foundation in Mandarin listening comprehension to develop their listening skills by incorporating audio and videos featuring new words and sentence patterns, which facilitate proper pronunciation and intonation learning such as "z"and "zhi","c" and "chi", "s" and "shi".
- Speaking: To foster the development of students' ability to think in Mandarin while speaking, and the ability to communicate effectively in real-life situations by using the topic-based teaching methods such as weather, personal introduction and social relationships and so on.
- Reading: To improve childrens' reading abilities, our curriculum focus on enabling them to read the most common children's songs, interesting stories, and nursery rhymes with a rich variety of materials and activities, including picture books, classical poetry, and children's literature, to make learning Chinese reading enjoyable and engaging.
- Writing: Focus on developing basic rules and strokes of Chinese characters, as well as commonly used Chinese characters included opposite words such as 大（big) and 小(small), 长(long) and 短(short), as well as action words with oppsite meanings like 来(come) and 去(go), 开(open) and 关(close)among others. Gradually improving childrens' ability to recognize and write more complex characters. Besides, as we all know, typing on a mobile phone or computer has become a necessity in our work and life. In addition to teaching children to learn to write Chinese characters by hand, we also teach them how to type using pinyin on a keyboard. This not only helps them practice their pinyin, but also helps them recognize Chinese characters.
- Chinese Culture: To introduce traditional Chinese culture such as the Spring Festival, the Mid-Autumn Festival, Dragon Boat Festival and other traditional holidays, including their origins and ways of celebration. And also introduce major cities in China such as Beijing and Shanghai, allowing students to understand the history, culture, and modern development of these cities to help children gain a better understanding of Chinese culture and social background, while also cultivating their ability for intercultural communication.
Sign up for a free trial now!
Sign up for a free trial now!
What do I Get
Personalized Study Plan
A customized and professional Mandarin learning plan will be designed for you.
Qualified Professional Teachers
All of our teachers are experienced and have received professional training in "Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language." They are ready to help you learn Mandarin online.
Dedicated Academic Advisor
In addition to a professional teacher, you can get help from our advisors who offer a wide range of academic assistance that will help make your Mandarin classes more effective.
Customized Study Pace
We are available 24/7. You can choose your preferred study schedule and frequency to learn Mandarin.
Individualized Progress Report
Individualized progress reports for your Mandarin learning will be developed periodically.