Braised Pork-红烧肉 (hóng shāo ròu)
Braised Pork is a popular Chinese dish, known as "红烧肉"(hóng shāo ròu) in Chinese. Braised Pork is made by slowly simmering pork belly in a flavorful sauce until it becomes tender and rich in flavor.
The Cooking Method of Braised Pork:
- Cut the pork belly into chunks and blanch them in boiling water, then set aside.
- Heat up an empty wok and add oil, followed by rock sugar. Let the sugar melt over low heat.
- Add the pork belly to the wok and stir-fry.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry for a while, then pour in light soy sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Continue stir-frying and pour in enough water to cover the meat.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for fifty minutes.
- Increase the heat to high to reduce the sauce until the pork is glazed and ready. It's done!
Essential Ingredients for Braised Pork! Don't forget any of them:
猪肉 (zhū ròu)-Pork
酱油 (jiàng yóu)-Soy sauce
- I enjoy the rich flavors of the Braised Pork with soy sauce and spices.
Wǒxǐhuān hóngshāoròu de nóngyùkǒuwèi,jiāle jiàngyóu héxiāngliào.
- I love the tender and flavorful Braised Pork.
Wǒxǐhuān féishòu xiāngjiàn de hóngshāoròu.
Have you learned how to make Chinese food-Braised Pork? Come and give it a try.